Sunday, October 7, 2018

General Conference challenge

Hello Everyone! Happy Sunday! I hope you all are doing well, and I hope you were able to watch General Conference this weekend, if not you can watch it now at www.LDS.org and it will be out in print in next months Ensign.

I just listened to President Nelson speak to the sisters of the church. He extended a prophetic plea to us as sisters to help shape the future by helping to gather scattered Israel.

He offered us 4 Invitations:

1. participate in a 10 day fast from social media and any other media that brings negative and impure thoughts to our minds. record and follow through with each impression we receive after doing that.
 this is going to be so hard for me, as I am a very social person, and social media is part of my work. I am going to have to only get on for work purposes, and have some serious self discipline to not get on my personal page. wish me luck ;) and I will see you in 10 days. lol

2. read and finish the Book of Mormon before the end of the year.  Mark each verse that mentions or refers to the savior, and talk about it with our family and friends. the promised blessings are amazing. (refer to video posted at the end of the blog)

3. establish a pattern of regular temple attendance. more amazing promised blessings.  I have been working on getting a schedule for myself to attend the temple regularly, and this is just what I needed to help bring that along.

4. participate fully in relief society. this used to be so hard from, but when I moved into the ward that I am in now, I have felt so welcome and so needed, and so loved since the first day I walked into the Relief Society room. I love going to Relief Society now, like I have never loved it before, (even when I was RS President). I look forward to Relief Society, and the activities etc. that we have.





















I have posted this talk for your viewing and I urge you to watch it and listen to the prophetic words that were said. even if you saw it already, it wouldn't hurt to listen to it again.

                                     



I will probably not be posting next week, as I will not be on social media, well, maybe I can post on blogger, just not on facebook, so if you would like to see my post next week, you'll have to go through blogger, and not facebook and I will post it on facebook when the fast is finished.

I pray that all of you will join me in doing the 4 invitations that President Nelson gave to us sisters last night. Men, you are welcome to join also, I'm sure it would be good for you ;) I will talk to you all in 10 days.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment