Monday, March 9, 2015

#embark

so, as you all know, i am now the second counselor in the young womens presidency. i have decided that along with my girls i am going to be doing personal progress, and work toward getting my medalion again. the program has changed twice since i was in young womens, so i'm really excited to do it too. i also think it will help get them motivated to do theirs, and it will motivate me too. its been a long time, since young womens for me. i was getting my medallion when my beehives were being born. it makes me feel old, haha. but it shows how much things have changed in the past 18 years. they have added a value (virtue) and also added the part that says "strengthen home and family" to the end.
the new theme reads:
this years theme for the youth is D&C 4:2

so we are focusing on service. i know that as we serve others we are serving God and as we serve with all our heart, might, mind, and strength, we will stand blameless before him at the last day. i do not want to be standing before my savior at the last day and have to tell him that i didnt do all that i could to serve his people and follow him. whether it be physical service, or missionary service etc...

my mother is an amazing example of serving others. she is constantly serving others. for example this past week my grandmother (her mother) who is in her 80s fell in the shower and broke her hip and my mom has been by her side through everything, she has been at the hospital for countless hours taking care of her and making sure she and my grandpa are alright. my gandma hd to have surgery and my mom was ther before she went in and she was there when she woke up. she took several days off work to be by her side, and this will go on for up to another month while she is in rehab. she takes care of both of them all the time anyways but even more right now. they live in assisted living and need rides to dr appts, company, etc. and she is always there.
another example is when i broke my foot a few years ago, i was 27 years old and my mother never left my side, she didnt just give me a ride to the dr and leave me there, she was at every drs appt. she was the last one i saw before the surgery and the first one i saw when i woke up. while i had pins in my foot i lived for a month at my parents house in their guest bedroom. and she took care of me, she took me to and from work, drs appts etc. and she always made sure that i was ok and was doing what the dr told me to do. she is one of the most aring human beings that have everlived on this earth, although it goes unappreciated a lot. i hope she knows that i appreciate all that she does and has ever done for me and for my family.
i hope that i can be the kind of person and mother that she is one day when i have children and a family (hpefully) I Love you MOM!!!!!! i hope you know that!

until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment