Sunday, November 25, 2018

personal scripture study

hello everyone! so sorry I haven't posted for the past couple of weeks. I've been out of town the past couple of weekends. but now I'm back :)

today I taught the lesson in relief society, since it was 4th Sunday, the lesson was on the specific topic given by the prophet, this month it was on personal scripture study. we didn't have very many sisters in RS today, so we had a small discussion on the scriptures in general and our personal scripture study. we talked about things that help us to get the most out of our scripture study. we talked about the blessings that we have received and can receive because of our personal scripture study.
look up the lesson, here is the link.

https://www.lds.org/study/manual/come-follow-me-for-elders-quorum-and-relief-society-october-2018/fourth-sunday-meetings-2018?lang=eng

we discussed the scriptures that are listed there, and what they all had to do with each other and our personal scriptures study.

one of the great sisters in my wards comment was pretty amazing. she spoke about a blessing that she received because she followed what the Lord asked her to do, and read and studies the scriptures daily. she is a lawyer, and when she first moved here to LV, she was going to take the bar, and she hadn't really studied, because she passed the one in Utah easily, but the NV one was a little harder and she didn't pass it the first time. so she went to the Lord and asked for help, and asked him what she could do to be able to pass. and she got the impression that she needed to make sure she studied the scriptures daily, and she would pass the bar. so she did just that, she studied the scriptures daily, and sure enough she went back to take the bar again, and she passed. so, that was a faith builder for her, that because she had done what the Lord asked her to do and studied her scriptures, she was able to pass the bar, and is now a lawyer here in NV.

I shared this video that has always touched my heart, because of the place that it is in. it is the video for president Monson sharing his testimony at the Grandin building in Palmyra, NY. he is talking about the miracle of the coming forth of the Book of Mormon, and how that sacred text has touched the lives of many.




I am going to end my blog post with that video, and tell you all that I KNOW that the Scriptures are true, that they are sacred text, that they are a guideline for our lives, and that if we read, ponder, and pray as we study them, that we will be blessed, and that they will show us ALL things that we should do! and that we will be blessed beyond measure as we follow what the prophets have told us in those scriptures.


I say this in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

(I know, I know its a really short post. I'm sorry. ill post a better one next week)

No comments:

Post a Comment