Sunday, September 22, 2019

I love to see the Temple




   
 I know its been a few months since I've written on here. Its so hard to write every week, but I will make it goal to do at least every other week, at least to start, then hopefully get back to every week.


              I love to see the temple.

                 I’m going there someday
                   To feel the Holy Spirit,
                    To listen and to pray.
           For the temple is a house of God,
                 A place of love and beauty.
          I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
                  This is my sacred duty.
                    I love to see the temple.
                  I’ll go inside someday.
               I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
                   I’ll promise to obey.
            For the temple is a holy place
            Where we are sealed together.
                                                                                           As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
                                                                                                          A fam’ly is forever.

      Tonight I wanted to talk about the Temple, I absolutely love the temple, when I was 21 I was so excited to go to the temple, and of course go on my mission. As soon as I got my mission call, I schedule my session to go to the House of the Lord and receive my endowments. It was such a great experience. There was a lot going on, but I remember most everything, especially how I felt. As I went through the veil and walked into the celestial room (the most beautiful room I have ever been in) and saw my parents there glowing with smiles waiting for me, this overwhelming joy came over me. and not a day goes by that I don't think of that moment. The Temple is my favorite place to be. You can't be grumpy, or sad, or mad, etc. In the Temple, there is no way anyone can be anything but purely happy in there.We are not only helping ourselves but, we are helping those that have passed on gain their salvation.

     Another great story that happened in the temple while I just a kid doing baptisms with my family is this. But first, my grandfather was a convert, and he grew up in an orphanage, so he did not know his family. He spent a lot of his life trying to do his family history with no success, he passed through the veil when I was 11 years old. And not long after, my family started finding all of these names of ancestors, so that we could do the temple work for them. There are still tons and tons of names that my family is finding of ancestors that need their temple work done.  I know that my grandfather has been in the spirit world for 20 years, preaching the gospel to all of my family members there, and more.
   
      I was only 12 or 13, and my family got some of those family names to go do baptisms for. That was the first time I had done any work for my own family. It was myself, my parents and my older sister and older brother. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done, I love doing temple work, but doing temple work for family is just a special thing. Anyways, we had done the baptisms and then we went in to do the confirmations, and as we were sitting in the room listening to the confirmations, my mom and brother had the same vision where they saw our family members saying finally! thank you! with so much joy, because they had waited for so long to have their work done, and it was finally happening.

     I feel as if my ancestors and I had very close to the same experience in the temple when we were able to get our work done, except they had to wait for someone to do their work, but we both had the same feelings of Joy when we finally were able to receive our temple ordinances.

     I cannot tell you how important it is to go to the temple, not only for yourself but for your ancestors and anyone else that has passed on and cannot go to the temple for themselves.

     Just sitting in the temple brings me so much peace and joy, It is where I feel closest to the Lord, it is where I receive answers to prayers, etc.

     The celestial room is exactly how I visualize the celestial kingdom looking and feeling. perfectly white, clean, peaceful, and just beautiful.




 This video explains the temple in such simple yet amazing words, it shows member testimonies of their experiences in the temple.


     "Therefore let the Saints be diligent in building the Temple, and all houses which they have been, or shall hereafter be, commanded of God to build; and wait their time with patience in all meekness, faith, perseverance unto the end."
—Joseph Smith

     "We must build more temples, and we must build them more quickly. This is the season to build temples. They are needed, and we have the means to do so. The Lord will hold us accountable if we do not work with greater accomplishment than we are now doing."
—Gordon B. Hinckley

     "We continue to build temples. We desire that as many members as possible have an opportunity to attend the temple without having to travel inordinate distances."
—Thomas S. Monson


No comments:

Post a Comment